Saturday, December 29, 2012

30 Paintings in 30 Days

You have to be kidding.
30 paintings in 30 days?
No way.

That is the challenge out for Artists Helping Artists starting January 2.  Are you in? 

Here is the link.

I am #117.  So far at least 140 artists have signed on for the challenge...there are a lot of nutty people out there.  We have all been eating too much brandy fruit cake.  :-)  

But do read all the ideas and rules.  
It is not quite as bad as it sounds.  
There are no limits on size or media.  
These can be tiny. 
These can be ATCs or Zentangle tiles or 3 x 4 canvas or whatever.  These can be ink, pastel, wc...etc etc.
These can be sketches in your sketch book.

One of the "suggestions" is that you post your intentions on your blog, web site or FB so that you are more committed to try to keep up.  Miss a day?  Do two the next day. 

 Last summer I did a 75 day Drawing Challenge with Brenda Swenson.  I drew "in ink" a contour (not blind contour) ink drawing every day for 75 days.  I kid you not.  It's really amazing how much better you are by the end!  If you wanted to you could look at my labels and probably find some of the sketches from my archive.  

So this is similar...a discipline challenge from Leslie Saeta.  If you go to the link you will see links to all 140 or more folks in this.  My friend Sherese is 119 and my friend Durinda is 61.  Leslie suggests that between now and Jan 2 you "get organized".  This is the funniest thought!  Organized?  But I know what she means.  If I plan sketches...where is the sketch book I will use?  If I plan to wc where is the paper and is it cut to size?  Etc etc.  

So...after Jan 2, I "should" be posting at least a piece of art work a day.  It may be a Zentangle but I hope to push off and get back to some other mediums.  I am getting ready for a Yupo wc workshop in March...I'd like to warm up to that.  Anyway...I am going to give it a try.  Wish me luck and, how about it Barb Sailor and Deb Ward...come on...are you with me?  

Artists Helping Artists is actually a second blog site.  Click here. 
http://artistshelpingartistsblog.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Those challenges always sound like a good idea, but I have my own challenges right now - January is here already and I have to get organized for classes and keep working on my pastels along with the w/c, plus Life sneaks in and prevents me from doing Art! So - thanks for thinking of me but not this time around!

    ReplyDelete