Friday, March 28, 2014

ATCs

hand carved stamp: Retreat to Paradise Logo 1.25 x 2" 

ATCs using logo stamp: mixed media: hand-made washi tape, gel pens, deli paper prints, acrylic stamping
 2.5 x 3.5" each on wc paper

I haven't done any ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) in over a year.  But I found my bag of traded ones and some blank ones.  
Cynthia also suggested doing a "Jane Davies" sort of idea of making one large abstract and cutting into ATCs and then embellishing. These are two of the ones that looked "okay".  But I am hoping that in the  next few days I'll find a moment or two to try a few more of these.  

I decided that I wanted to have a "tie in" to the retreat and so I hand-carved a little palm tree.  Haven't done that for awhile either.  While I was getting my carving materials back together I found my Chinese "chop" which is a traditional name stamp usually used with red ink.  My daughter had one made for me when she was in Asia many years ago.  It will be maybe fun to incorporated that into the ATC too?  I'll experiment a bit. More to follow.










1 comment:

  1. The hand carved stamp is a great idea for the cards. Your mixed media work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete