Saturday, June 28, 2014

Zentangle Reflections

Left to right, top to bottom
Rick and Marie sign my Zentangle book, DVD of ideas on teaching "apprentice" materials for youth, a recording of Rick Roberts playing his hand made flute, my pre-strung Zendala
Bottom: our "anything is possible" bag for keeping things, my name tag hand letter by Maria, my notebook and a "renaissance tile".

Reflecting on the CZT training will take days, weeks and months, of course.  But as I unpacked my materials this morning and laid them out on my studio table, the memories of the week came flooding back.  

I can see why people fly from all over the country and the world for these seminars (which it should be called rather than a "training").  As a professionally trained educator myself, I've been to a LOT of classes, trainings, workshops, etc.  This was one top class event.

I think we had about 12 countries represented at this particular seminar but there are many more if you look at the sum total, of course.  These seminars are not really officially advertised.  These are word of mouth and social media advertised by the participants themselves.  Amazing, huh?  

I really felt at a huge advantage since I have been tangling since June of 2012 and because I have been involved in "passing the fun along" for over a year.  I have some sense of what I need to know at this point.  But there was something for everyone no matter where you are on the journey.  If you ever have a thought of taking one of these seminars I would highly recommend it!  They book up a year in advance and are only given 4 times a year.  (All the details at zentangle.com of course.)  

I know as the weeks go along, various things I've learned or have been exposed to will pop up and I will share and of course, if you sign up to take a class with me…you'll get information FIRST hand!
You can see at the right that I have several "gigs" already in the works for this summer and at least one "private" workshop set up in August.  Possible one in Florida in November.  

So I am excited to take some time now in the months ahead to sort through my thoughts and all the reference materials Zentangle has given me to study. Lucky me.  That's pretty much what we all thought as we progressed through the week.  Lucky us!   

No comments:

Post a Comment