Thursday, July 17, 2014

Painting Sold!


The reception for the Manitowish Waters Art League show opening was last night…called "Patron's Night" for those who donate to scholarships and the artists.  I should have taken a photo of the appetizers!  WOW.  Yummy.  A harp played and there was champagne punch.  This art league knows how to throw a party!

My little Zentangle Cow portrait sold!  (see red tag on the ID tag).  Everyone loved the little art work and it made people smile.  And I think it cooked up some interest in my September 3rd Zentangle class to be held for the league!  (see side bar).  I have 7 already signed up for that!  Contact me by email or sign up at the LAL or MAL meetings in August.  

The show will be open now (Thursday) through Sat 9-5 and then Sunday to noon.  So if you are in the northern Wisconsin area (Minocqua/Woodruff/Boulder Junction/Hazelhurst/etc) please come on over.  The Manitowish Community Center is on Hwy 51 next door to the library.  If you go over this morning they also have their Farmer's Market all morning right next door to the show!  We have live art demonstrations going on all 3 full days of the show as well.

I am a greeter there on Saturday morning so if you drop by that day I'll be happy to show you around!  We have a people's choice vote going on.  The show is judged and it's fun to see who the judges decide on too!  Christine Alfery won best of show…delightful painting.  Congrats to Christine!!!  

We see some sunshine up here in the north woods and the weather man is promising a little warm up for the weekend.  Am crossing my fingers BIG time because I have a TON of company coming starting on Saturday.  Much more fun in the warm sun!!!  And I'll be cooking for FOUR grandsons!  Whew.  Have a great weekend everyone!


1 comment: