Monday, November 17, 2014

Calendars inch toward the holidays….


This 3 day spread turned out a tad bit busy.
But I found some interesting "knot-like" tangles and decided to give them a try and before you know it I was off and away.

I am amazed looking at the "few" number of days left to Thanksgiving now. Like 10!  That really is the "starting gun" for the holidays officially.  (Stores have been off and running since way before Halloween, of course).  

Our park's decoration group is in full swing now and Venetian Gardens, the Leesburg FL public park, is always an extravaganza of light and corresponding music.  So they are well into that decorating already.  Most of the local towns have their Christmas banners up on the light poles.  I mean you HAVE to start early!  Up in Wisconsin the snow at our cabin at two feet deep and I hear they are ice fishing because the temp is 6 above zero and the lakes are all frozen already!
THAT part I can skip just fine.  

No matter how many Christmas holidays I spend in FL (which I really enjoy) the lights on the palm trees, Santa on the beach, and shopping in your shorts and tees just seems wrong.  Hahaha.  Cards and Christmas letters, wrapping paper, poinsettias and carols…it's all just around the corner again.  I barely have my ceramic pumpkin wrapped up and put away!!!  Hahaha.  Till then I need to get past my knee surgery this week and then…football and Thanksgiving…all about family and pecan pie.  That's fun too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment