Saturday, November 8, 2014

MOOvin along with my Zentangles


You have seen an image VERY similar to this before if you've been a follower of my blog.  I used the same cow last spring when I was preparing for a "cow exhibit" to be held in WI over the summer.  It was slightly larger than this one AND I with that first one I painted a zentangle frame to go with it.  It was done on paper.  And it sold for $75 at the Manito Art Show in July!
Everyone smiled.  Not GREAT art, but certainly made people happy to see look at it!  

And I did not use the same tangles as last time.  I repeated the same on the ears but then the nose is different.  

Whimsical art, I would call it.
SO…anyway down here my Fine Art group is hosting a brunch in January and everyone got a little 5 x 7 canvas board to do original art on.  The little paintings will be table centerpieces and, I think, will be given as door prizes.  

I did not want the ink to "bleed" on the canvas so I prepped the board with clear gesso (two coats and sanded in between each one).  This makes a good ground BUT it can easily smear while you are working so I had to use a piece of paper under my hand at all time.  On the plus side, I could remove anything with a wet Q-tip!  

At the end I spray coated the piece twice with Krylon clear acrylic varnish.  And in this project we were not asked to frame them.  I think they may be matted later.  I am not sure.  
Because they are all the same size, I expect that mats will be prepared all the same.  A mat will cut off a little of the image but I don't see it as a problem.  

1 comment: