Thursday, November 13, 2014

Watercolor on clayboard



I am having a little fun playing with watercolor and ink on clay board.  As you can see, just a small one.  Working on it is a cross between hot pressed wc paper and Yupo.  In addition you can scratch out whites if you wish!  But layering and glazing is difficult.  

The subject is one of our favorite little outdoor restaurants in Mount Dora:  The Garden Gate.  This little gardening bench is out by the umbrellas on the sunny patio.  Very charming.

My idea is when this is to finish it off with rubbed wax.
This will be a totally new idea for me.  I am not sure yet if I'll seal this with a clear acrylic spray first.  I have seen it done but have not tried it myself.  Paintings have a soft patina.    

1 comment:

  1. Ginny this looks like such a delightful spot. Love your colors too. Have only painted on clay board once and found it to be as you said but love the idea you get back your whites. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete