Monday, March 16, 2015

Sweet Afternoon

11 x 14 gallery wrapped canvas

This is in just in THE most beginning stages.
Sometimes it's fun to watch along with me to see how things go.
This piece is drawn with water soluble ink on primed canvas (Daniel Smith Watercolor Ground…two coats sanded).

I wanted to see how the ink reacts to the "ground" rather than paper.  It seems to be reacting very similar which is good.  The original photo reference for this faces a calm lake…just blue water.  (rocks are my addition).  This is a FL scene but is going to made to look more northern.  I plan a high horizon line and a shore line in the distance.  A scene that is VERY familiar to me.

After I get the shore in I'll begin the watercolor.
Working title is "Sweet Afternoon".




No comments:

Post a Comment