Sunday, June 14, 2015

Cabin Art

11 x 14 acrylic on Canvas Paper
"Apricots, Mangos, Cherries"
(in progress) 

9x 11 acrylic and ink sketch

Two very rainy days in a row which is a disappointment to my son who is up here in the north woods after driving 6 hours up from south of Chicago.

We did have one gorgeous day for him on Friday…got to 78 and was sunny most of the day.  THAT was perfect.  He and hubby got the pier/deck in and the canoe out of the boat house.  Things we cannot really do by ourselves anymore.  

Rick brought up a ton of beautiful fruit for snacks this weekend and I arranged them and took some photos on my iPad and then gridded it with my new app for that purpose and spend a nice rainy afternoon trying some new techniques in acrylic based on the workshop that I watched on the Strathmore free online lessons.  There will be a dark background above and a table cloth at the bottom (for this afternoon if the the dark wet weather continues.)
It is about 58 this morning (8 am).  

The crazy sketch that is shown second was done on that sunny day sitting down on the pier.  When I opened my sketchbook I noted that I had used several pages as "brayer wipe off" backgrounds for Gelli plate and so I just though I'd give that a try.  Kind of funky.  Probably would be more effective if the colors had been a bit more muted in the background.  

If you get "Watercolor Magazine"..the new one that just came out has a section called "Try This at Home".  I think the challenge this month is very cool.  I would like to try it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment