Monday, June 1, 2015

Catch Up





Gosh, it's been like 10 days since I have posted.  You must think I have fallen off the edge.  Instead I am unpacking like a crazy person and trying to get into my studio (photos to come) in the north woods.  Busy.  I did keep up with my Tangle A Day.  Boy, if you don't you get so far behind you find craziness!  The May 31 post by the way is connected to Carole's tangle (not for you to think I tangled that whole thing myself!)  

The north woods is amazingly cold for this time of year!  Sigh.
We have had HAIL and rain and freeze warning two nights this past week.  How's THAT for a start to the summer season in northern WI?  

But we are crossing our fingers that this will soon turn around.  Temps are supposed to get to 70 or even a little above later in the week and I am going to plant my hanging baskets today in hopes that his is actually true!  

My en plein air group is set to paint Thursday and of course now they say it will rain again on Thursday.  Sigh.

All in all, it has been a fairly smooth transition this year.  Our pump worked, the water heater is working, no leaks in the pipes and no trees fell on any buildings.  So we count our lucky stars!
The lake level is WAY WAY up this year.  We are excited.  It hasn't been this high in over 15 years!  Our little stoney beach has all but disappeared at the lake front!  It will make putting in the pier somewhat challenging.  I can hardly wait to get out in the canoe and explore how this has changed the configuration of the islands.  

I am prepping for the June 17th Zentangle class (see side bar) and hoping that class fills.  Lots of art on my schedule this year.
Will write more soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment