Tuesday, June 2, 2015

New tangle: ALL Boxed Up

All Boxed Up/Zander  3.5" tile 

Cardboard Folder Opened: 9 x 12 Gelli Printed
I am definitely crazy for the new tangle "All Boxed Up" and it has several wonderful variations!  GREAT tangle.  Will become a "mac and cheese" tangle for me for sure.  

I am posting my latest "example" of one of the ways to use the Gelli print plate in preparation for teaching my class in August.  I recycled a folder (you know that you get from various vendors with pockets inside?).  I needed something to keep my art league newsletters and other printed art info in for this summer.  Voila.

This is a sample of a 3-layer masked print.  It is SO fast to do as the acrylic is so fast drying.  I did finish coat the painting with one coat of gloss acrylic varnish brushed on to seal it and give it a nice glossy finish. It also brightens up the colors.  Fun.

Weather is getting slightly warmer in the north woods of WI.  After hail and 3 nights of freeze/frost warnings we are now supposed to get to 70 and sunny today.  That is more like it.  Of course now we have 3 days of rain following that!  BUT at least temps are more in the normal range!   

6 comments:

  1. Very nice shading and and an interesting composition. Nice tile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're All Boxed Up composition is really nice and well integrated. I don't really understand the Gelli Print Plate, but that's ok. Baby steps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Diva tile: nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tile!!! Here in the Netherlands is quite cold too and we had a lot of rain and wind. They say it will be 20 C tomorrow and 28 on Friday, then back to 15 on Sunday :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super tile, I like the way the corner seems folded before the All Boxed Up section.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely challenge tile! I like your variation of Zander!

    ReplyDelete