Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sketching on Tippecanoe Lake

Mushy Gush Lagoon with Water Lillies

Tippecanoe Lake: Sat June 6, Lac du Flambeau, WI


Hubby and I had a lovely afternoon out on the lake.
He caught two fish…a 9" Blue Gill and a 14" Large Mouth Bass.  I did some casting but no bites.  So I reverted to my sketch book.   The sun was warm on our heads and backs. The loons called.  The frogs scolded us when we drifted into the lily pad beds, and the dragon flies flitted about.  We packed a picnic lunch and let the quiet magic of the lake surround us.  Ahhhhh.  

My Tangle A Day reflects a nice relaxed "steam punk" tangle-combo using "Ing" and putting in some cast shadows just for fun.  I see that I double posted this calendar page…totally forgot I put it out yesterday!  Sigh.  Oh well.  It's a nice one to see twice!

Dark and rainy Sunday has now arrived and we are off to church and then brunch and some errands in town.
The lake is still and slate colored under the heavy cloud cover and everything hangs wet and still with slow drips of rain making ripples in the birdbath.  The coffee is hot and I am grateful to be in a lovely spot.





No comments:

Post a Comment