Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dedicating a journal prompt/drawing to Coralee

5 x 7 journal page
Art work on Zentangle tile 3.5 x 3.5

Prompt #32" Thoughts about water:
"We can make our minds so like still water that beings gather around us, that they may see their own images and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even freer life, because of our quiet" William Butler Yeats
When you live by a clear lake, with amazing and beautiful stones, the meaning of still water…the beauty of quiet water becomes real. I love the quote about the "reflective" quality of water. 
For this prompt I used a "tile" (3.5 " square) and a version of Hollibaugh that I saw somewhere recently that touched me. The "watery greens and blues" were created with Brusho powders and a spritz of water. Then tangled on top. Stones, sticks and vines hold the beautiful stones quiet beneath the surface. Quiet.

I dedicate this prompt to my friend Coralee who has her 4th chemo treatment tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment