Friday, August 7, 2015

Gelli printed papers used to collage a clear glass plate


Salad plate size clear glass plate collaged on the back side

Here's a fun little project.  This is a salad plate sized plate I found in a thrift shop for 50 cents.  On the back side I applied a coat of Modge Podge.  When dry I collaged bit of Gelli plate printed paper (using more Modge Podge).  It took about an hour for this smaller plate.  I saw this done on a Gelli Arts video which you can find on You Tube.  But that artist used carefully but triangles that had to be matched up.  Yikes.  

After the collage was done and dry I coated it again with a layer of Modge Podge.  So the front surface of the plate is still clear glass…everything is on the back shining through.  And the glass somewhat magnifies the textures.  Very cool.  

You cannot immerse this plate in water…but it would make a nice candy dish or some little serving dish that just needs wiping off afterwards.  I think it would be pretty under a plant too.  
This is a little "craftier" than I usually get, but it was fun and a good example of the many many ways to use your papers!



No comments:

Post a Comment