Friday, August 14, 2015

Merit Award

What a nice surprise I had at the awards ceremony tonight at Howard Young Hospital exhibit in Woodruff, WI.  I won a merit award!!!  This is my first piece that is non-objective art that has won an award!  
The piece is called "The Power of One" and is dedicated to the people who ignore the odds and power on to make a difference in this world. 
And it utilizes hand painted papers done on my Gelli Plate!

It's been a nice year for me winning best of show at the Manito Art League show and two merit awards in two different shows at Howard Young this summer.  Sometimes things seem to come together!!!  All 3 were very different…one a Zentangle pen and ink, one a watercolor, and one an acrylic collage.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It looks like quite an interesting piece. Nice sweater too!
    (I just realized that the art and the sweater have similarities!)

    ReplyDelete