Monday, August 29, 2016

Rat Rod


WC 15 x 18"

Don't you wonder why I can't just paint a bouquet of flowers like normal people?  Rusty Rat Rods just make my paint brush quiver.

I have no idea who this belongs to (I changed the license plate number to protect privacy) but just saw this beauty one day in a parking lot.  I didn't even know WHAT it was until hubby said oh that's a Rat Rod (which is I think means a street drivable hot rod).  Perhaps even hand built?  It had a roll bar on it which a left out.

I had the drawing done a long time ago, but never seemed to find the time to actually paint it.  Why today I am not sure…I am a little under the weather actually with some sinus issues and didn't sleep well last night.  I cleaned the bathroom, did a load of laundry, ran the dishwasher, baked my grandson's favorite cake, and then spent several hours helping hubby install a window on the porch.  And we didn't eat breakfast until 10 am.  How I found the time to paint this I'll never know.  

Quin Scarlet was my favorite color on this one.  I did a lot of masking and almost "poured" the first glaze.  So it had to be bone dry before the next glaze and so on.  

I'll live with it awhile and decide if it needs an "environment". 
What do you think?  I did originally draw in a horizon line (high on the paper) but then the actual fun of painting the car took over.
I kind of like the stark white which makes it look like a botanical!  :-)  Painting other cars in the background?  Hmmmm.  Somehow that just doesn't grab me.  

Incidentally my hubby is all bent out of shape because we says the way have the front wheels aligned is off.  It is actually exactly that way in the photo.  AND it doesn't bother me at all.  Too late to change it now anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment