Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Planning for Ink-Tober6

6 x 10 soft cover journal

I picked this empty journal up at a garage sale this summer for 50 cents.
Really pretty cover and fairly nice drawing paper inside.
Inside the book it said "modeled on 17th and 18th century paperbound pamphlet called 'chapbooks' in England and colonial America."  This is a hand-marbled cover using Turkish watercolor marbling.  Designed by Eileen Canning and it's lists Dancing Inks in Olympia Washington, 1983.  

The "official" Ink-Tober" website, as I showed previously has prompts for each day.  But they are very "hard" prompts.  Example, the first one is just the word "FAST".  I looked up the word in the dictionary for other possible variations and found that of course, fast is used to describe a watch or a clock that isn't keeping time correctly.  SO, my first sketch will be of a clock and/or my watch.  That is about as far as I've thought about this.

I may just "ignore" the prompts.  The important thing is to draw regularly and not that it fits the prompt.  Also I'll be "on the road" a large portion of the month (11-23) and so I may or may not be able to post my work during that time.  I have looked into a downloads an app to my iPad called "Blogtouch Pro".  The old app that used to work is not working anymore.  Sigh.  So I may be able to post to my blog at least.  We'll see how that goes.

We are seeing little patches of sunshine on and off today in the north woods of WI.  Still VERY windy and about 53 out there at 10 am CST.  The weather man is predicting at least 10 degrees warmer by tomorrow.  We'll see how that goes!  Sure am tired of this bleak dark cold weather.  (I am a FL girl now.)





No comments:

Post a Comment