Sunday, January 15, 2017

A re-do on the Mote Morris House

wc and ink on Multi Media paper: Strathmore

Here is a little re-do of the Mote Morris house drawn from the photo I took.


I still have a lot to practice on architecture...but the thing is to keep trying.  Took an online class from Craftsy this fall and I like going back to that.  Jim Richards I think is his name.  He has a lot of interesting tips like how to keep your buildings from leaning in one direction (which often happens to me).  Uh oh.  

Also trying lots of pens.  This sketch was done with Faber-Castell Pitt pens...a fine and a brush.  So many pens are not waterproof ink. These are.  

Hoping to get out again next week although it seems a VERY busy one and the pollen is beginning to float around which is going to make me sneezy and stuffed.  We are in a string of unbelievably lovely weather for January!  Close to 80 every day.

Hope you are no where near the ice storms!




1 comment:

  1. Nice that you are doing something creative with your lettering on the page. I try to integrate letterforms, too.

    ReplyDelete