Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Bird Stencils...cut our own

Stenciled birds on card stock

I want to have some birds in the background of a painting I am working on.  So I googled some bird silhouettes on line.  Then I cut stencils for the birds.  (I used a hot stencil cutter through plastic...that is the purple plastic at the top of the page.). I laid the design under glass and put the plastic on top of the glass.  

Then because I am working in watercolor, I used white gouache mixed with blues for the stencils.  For practice I did them on greeting cards.  I put the paint on with small foam make up sponges and stamped the color through the stencils.  

1 comment:

  1. These are great!!! I "think" I have a stencil cutter but was all thumbs using it so it's buried somewhere in a tote. The stencil cutter I have heats up and melts the cut. Is that the same thing you have?

    ReplyDelete