Saturday, March 26, 2011

A demo by Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson

Elizabeth made a visit to Leesburg Art Association for a demo today.

What a thrill to finally meet her. Although I had seen her DVD and watched a movie about her life and work so I felt like I already knew her.

You might remember that she is a "paper painter". She paints her own paper and then tears it into "brushstrokes". The painting is all paper pieces except for the background.

I have my fingers crossed that the club can book her for a workshop next year!


4 comments:

  1. Wow Ginny, you are so FAST! thanks so much, it was great to meet YOU in person finally too after all this time. I'm going to snag this photo and put it on Facebook. :) I hope I can come teach a workshop too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my fingers crossed on the workshop too!
    I heard only good comments after the demo.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog!
    You were fast too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in Key West; I really enjoyed our days there, although it's a long time ago now, I think in 1995.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this, Ginny! I ordered her DVD and have started the learning process. Please let me know if you ever get her for a workshop - I'd love to come.

    ReplyDelete