Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Journal Prompt 50


This prompt suggested that each person think of the tags that come on products and clothing, etc that tell what the product is made of.
Think of a tag for yourself…what defines you and what describes you?  Think of a word or words to put on your tag.  

It was interesting to see the ones that have popped up already and how people interpret this.  Because everyone is so complicated and plays so many roles in life, I thought hard about what word(s) I would use.  Finally I settled on sojourner: a person who resides temporarily in a place.  I feel very much that I on multiple journeys in my life.  Spiritual journeys, artistic journeys, and just life learning journeys.  I also thought about mentioning that age gives you the wisdom to accept that you won't get all the answers to all the questions on your journeys and you learn to accept that.

The background for this page is multiple layers (just like life).
It is stamping, direct paint, stencils, collage, glue, papers, etc.  The print style is called "clothesline printing".  


No comments:

Post a Comment