Friday, July 27, 2018

Sidetracked temporarily


I follow a number of wonderful blogs.  But when people stop posting I sort of lose interest.  Well, I figure they are off doing other things and the blog gets left by the wayside. 

That is sort of what has happened to me and I wanted just to chime in and say I am still here but not "art-ing" very much right now, unfortunately.  Don't give up on me!!!

I just got done with the Manitowish Waters Art show and that was fun.  I didn't sell anything or win anything this year but it was a good show and nice to get caught up my art community.  The rain and cold up here has prevented me from connecting with my outdoor painters group!  (Am hoping to catch up this Thursday).

And it seems as though we have been distracted up here since arriving (in a good way) with visitors and other commitments.  Living in the Northwoods for the summer has it's ups and downs.  If you've followed me through this before you know what I mean.  You weigh the joys of living by the lake and all the beauty and peace that can bring against the mosquitoes, rain, cold and inconveniences.  

This year... arriving late with my knee rehabilitation on going and Greg's back problems AND the well problems... art takes a back seat for awhile.  I am hoping that after this week I can get back on track again.  

Oh...and I made my goal in WW this week.  (Weight Watchers).  THAT is a very good thing.  I started on this project on September 26 and worked on it ALL winter.  35# off.  I feel SO much better.  The program now is called "Life Time" for a reason. 😉

So now the goal is to keep at this weight or slightly below it.  This is a challenge...for your lifetime.  As I said at the meeting last week...you can easily celebrate the loss of weight because people can see the difference and offer encouragement.  But then once you arrive, people sort of forget and take it for granted.  So you can slip again.  (called the "yo-yo" syndrome).  There is some financial incentive built in to WW as you can continue to come to meetings and use the app for free as long as you keep on track.  They insist no more than 2# over goal weight!  So wish me luck on that!  

I hope to send some "art" in the next blog post!  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment