Saturday, October 9, 2021

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig


One of my favorite fall sketches (so far) was a walk along the road sides up north near the cabin on the 28th of September along Tippecanoe Lake.  Autumn comes early in the north woods and sometimes almost 2 weeks ahead of central and southern Wisconsin.  The pines lose needles too and there is a soft layer of yellow pine needles on the roads.  We had such fantastic weather all week prior to the closing on Monday, Oct 4.  A lot of hard work the last few days but my step-son appeared and helped out.  



Then, just before we left, Julie and I took one more talk and I found a Solomon's Plume that had striped itself in a way I'd never seen before.  One berry left and two minuscule berries.  



Then a couple quick little tiny sketches in my carry-in-my-purse notebook at two of the evening concerts here this week at University Woods.





 

1 comment:

  1. Ginny. Your sketches tell a wonderful story of Fall. I love the way you capture the feel of being in the woods. Also, I remember hearing about a book called "Tippecanoe and Canada, Too." That was a long time ago. Now I will have to see if I can find out about it again. 😄 Happy sketching!

    ReplyDelete