Tuesday, April 18, 2023

April Thoughts

 Graduation

By Ginny Stiles


To graduate is to arrange in a series or according to a scale.

“The stones were graduated in height from the lowest near the entrance to the tallest opposite.”


The longer I live the more I think of time as a spiral and not a straight line.  Every ending opens a door to a new beginning.  In this way we “graduate” all the time, minute by minute and year by year, experience by experience.


The spiral starts out tight and small and “graduates” outward as time spins on.  At least my spiral does.  I could see that some folks might see it the opposite, getting smaller and tighter as they age.  Dark hole style.


But my spiral is headed for the stars.  As the serendipity of life is arranged through both my choices and my chances…through luck and planning, through the best and worse…the spaces get wider and you see farther.  There are more “thin” places in the spiral where you can see beyond your spiral…just every so often.


We gather a little star dust along the way and when the spiral gets wide enough…and you get to the end…it will feel like home.




A little birthday card painting for my grandson Patrick's 17th birthday. 

Watercolor and Gouache





The Wonky House project was part of a Sketchbook online challenge series this spring.  (Ink, watercolor, white pen, white gouache)




Ginny teaching Zentangle last week  out a Prairie Ridge on the East Side of Madison.



My sister and I had 5 days to enjoy each other's company here in Madison and now she's off to new adventures in California.











 





No comments:

Post a Comment