Friday, August 16, 2019

Red Pine Camp



The Sketch and Painting group met at Red Pine Camp for Girls in Woodruff, WI this week.  What a lovely spot...VERY hilly and a little challenging for knee-sensitive folks like me.  But I managed.

The camp was actually closed for the season...all the girls were gone and just the crews there beginning to put things away.  Painting the boats and bringing in the swim floats etc.  So it was quiet and nice.  

Got there late so the sketch is pretty small.  But weather turned lovely and sunny for us after a slow cold and cloudy start.  Lucky us.  There was a large group but everyone spread out and so it wasn't until later I realized who was there.  The location is about a 30 minute drive for me.  

I didn't stay for lunch as daughter Julie was driving up from Madison that day for lunch and a few day's visit.  

Today (Friday) it is rain rain rain.  A napping day.  And then off to an art reception this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment