Monday, March 29, 2021

Spring in my Studio


 I've re-organized the little studio AGAIN and keep trying out different ways to make the space work for me.  Gradually it is coming together. I bought a used bookcase this past week (out of the photo) but that has definitely eased up the storage.  It's important to know WHERE things are (of course) and be able to get to them rather quickly.  If I need a black permanent pen or a flat acrylic brush or carbon ink for my fountain pen, or have run out of opera watercolor...spending half an hour locating it in the middle of a project won't do.  You don't want to be grumpy in your studio which is a "happy place".  Tons of article are written about "how to organize" your work place or the "advantages of organization" etc.  I know this is not new news to anyone who makes art!!!  I am in the process of doing some "labeling" which helps.  AND I have purchased a small comfy chair which will, I hope, tuck itself into one corner.  That is something I had in Florida and strangely I miss that a lot.  




This week's botanical art included saying good bye to my beautiful tulips who have given us two weeks of lovely blooms but are finished up now.  And sketching the milkweed that Julie brought over on her visit on Saturday.  Am thinking the seeds should go into the prairie that we have here on campus!



This week's online workshop was by Karen Knudsen on the Dillman's Facebook page.  It will probably be up and viewable for awhile.  Be sure to take a look as it's quite fun and if you have some acrylics it doesn't take anything very unusual to complete.  She's teaching up there in late May.  

Off to my yoga class.
Have a great week.




1 comment:

  1. So happy to know you have settled in dear Ginny.I dearly miss my Spring flowers in Illinois and Wisconsin but our beautiful orchids are blooming andI expect the Gardenia plant will be blooming soon. I tried organizing my tiny art space as well this past week with some limited success..Happy Easter,be well,love to you and Greg,hugs,Mary Gayle

    ReplyDelete