Sunday, May 5, 2024

Cinco de Mayo

 


So begins the month of May...here are the many examples of Zentangle frames that I used for the class on May 3rd at the Monroe Street Art Center here in Madison.  Later I'll show you the students work.  They were AMAZING.  

I am anxious to get outside more to get some sketching in...my life has just seemed to be full of obligations and I do NEED to get out there.  I know the spring flowers are up and joyful...at church this morning the lilacs were in full glory!!! Does anything smell more lovely?

Here I am at the art center (using my new computer) and all the new cords I had to buy to get everything hooked up!  No better way to teach though than using a document camera and screen!  


The gals who were students did a really great job...stuck to it.  Julie was with me as my right-hand gal and did coaching, passed out materials and made sure the room was as I wished it.  


These gals were beginners!!!  I was really impressed!  I did supply gold pens for them as well.  Just a little extra special glitter.  


This week we will have some rain showers several days...but also some nice sunshine.  We will celebrate our newest family member on Tuesday as our 4th great grandchild is going to be born that day! 
 Can't wait to meet her.  

We'll celebrate our grandson Ben's 26th birthday on Friday with a family get together.  And Mother's Day with a brunch at Julie's home after church.  The church choir I so love, will finish up the season on the 19th of May.  We then take a summer break.  

We've begun to think a little about the cabin...at least in terms of getting it open and ready for the family.  Although Greg and I don't plan to go up until late June after the swarms of mosquitoes and ticks are finished up (we hope).  A friend walked the property this morning and texted us that no trees are down and everything looks in good order.  When you leave a property for 7 months you worry a little.  

Our lovely sycamore tree here in Madison is finally leafing out.  It's always one of the last ones. I wish you all a blessed May.  




1 comment:

  1. I, too, am looking forward to summer! Your students are doing lovely work.

    ReplyDelete