Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Journal Covers Collaged

I showed these two journal book covers a post or so ago and at that time showed you how I made the strange spidery names for them online. You have to be on a computer to use that website (iPad won't open it). Probably a flash player or something involved.

Anyway the two journals were purchased at Office Depot (hard covers) and the covers backgrounds are canvas I cut out in the size to fit the covers. I did not glue it onto the books until the covers were done and I was happy with them. I used watercolors and fluid acrylics for colored places on them. I used injet transfer for Maddy's photo on the right side and I just glued on black and white injet photos on Alex's. I used acrylic medium for the glue. I think if you click on the image it will enlarge.

Both of these will be graduation gifts and their cards and checks will be tucked inside. I am thinking of photocopying a few idea pages from my Journaling book and putting them inside just to give them some ideas of outside-the-box ways that this journal could be used. I am going to suggest that if they want to collage in items like photos or tickets stubs, etc that first they glue two pages together to give the page more stability. Just using a glue stick I think. It would be cool to take yarn and a needle and sewing around the edges of some of the pages too...stuff like that. OR this could simply be a written journal. Alex is 18 and graduating from high school and Maddy is 22 and graduating from college.

Note: on Maddy's there is picture of Miss Piggy. She's my idol! (hahahaha).

I am now in the process of beginning to pack up my studio for the long and circuitous trip back to the north woods (from FL). Sigh. Happens every spring about this time. So my posts will be from my iPad as I travel along after May 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment