Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lacy Zentangles

Whyz, Paradox, Knightsbridge, Bubble Booble Blup,  Cadent: 3.5" square

Okay...decided it is time to experiment with white on black as an alternative to black on white. 

Finding the right black paper is one issue, of course.  
It's fairly expensive to order the pre-cut tiles.  So I've been searching around.  I am trying out Black Stonehenge Printmaking Sheet Paper from Cheap Joe's.  It is 90# 100% Cotton Rag and comes 22 x 30" sheets.  It's not a bad price (about $2.50 a sheet) before shipping.  But I ordered it online for the $1 shipping special along with some other things I needed.  

I am using a Jellyroll white pen and a white pastel pencil for shading.  Linda Farmer had a nice tutorial on her website recently. tanglepatterns.com.  And that gave me the courage to give this a try. 

I think it has a nice "lacy" effect.  You have to really wait a long time for the white ink to dry before you touch it.  I really like those tangles that do not rely on shading the best in this color combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment