Thursday, August 24, 2017

Preparing for the Art Demo


I've mentioned before (on the sidebar of the blog) that I am going to be doing a demo on Sat September 16 from 9:30 to 2.  I'll be at the Northern Coffee Cafe and Gallery in Minocqua, WI.  It's just a little over two weeks away!  

The cafe provides a rather nice window table and chair right near the entrance where the person doing the demo once a month sets up.  (They also provide lunch!!)

I am planning to do some sketchbook sketching for one thing and have some sketchbooks to show,  but then I am also going to do some Zentangle® as well.  Signage is important and so I thought I'd have some "tent" signs ready to put up. 



I thought I'd also have some "give-aways" ready.  Some small bookmarks each with a tangle on them.  I have done a little water color wash for the background using mostly bright mica-embedded watercolors called "Sparkling H2O".  They look nice in the light.  

Then I did some tangles on top of them.  I did a few with Brush-o water color powders on them which "explode" when you spritz them with water.  They are fun but a little dark for a background to tangle.  So on some of the others I'll sprinkle a little less rather than use so much.  I still have more to do so that will keep me busy the next few days.  

On the back of each is my blog address and also Zentangle.com which may lead some people to explore that direction.  I may bring a few completed Zendalas or a few books about Zentangle just in case I find some one really interested.  

Next I have to choose and organize what paintings I plan to bring to the gallery to hang on the 13th of September.  I need to make sure everything is wired for hanging and then give the club (Lakeland Art League) a list of the pieces I am showing.  There are tags to be filled out as well.  They will stay for a month (until Oct 11). The gallery/cafe is open Tues-Sunday 6 am to 2:30 pm.  

We had some company last Monday and Tuesday with my daughter Julie and her friend Kate here on their way up to Bayfield and the Apostle Islands for a camping trip.  It will so chilly at night as we have frost warnings now!  But they are hardy.   Then over Labor Day we will host my two daughters up for "Girls' Weekend" which usually involves a lot of laughter and quite a bit of wine! We'll finish up with friends Karla and Brent here from the 11th to the 14th.  After that it will the time of year to bring in the pier and store the boats again.  We'll be having fires in the fireplace by then.  Maybe even some snow!  

I dedicate my blog today to my old friend Bea Walker who passed away this morning in Ohio.  She was funny and smart and feisty and pretty and well read and always ready to learn something new.  Her presence in this world made it a better place and she left us a legacy of joy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment