Friday, March 20, 2020

Highs and Lows


My walk last evening brought me past many homes (including my own of course) filled with spring flowers.  I decided to focus on a few of them by adding them to my "littles".   The Fortnight Lilly was especially lovely...that one is in my yard.  The orange tree is so filled with blossoms that the sweet smell of them almost makes you dizzy.  

I find that in these troubling times, being outside in nature is so calming and helpful.  



Later after my walk as the sun got lower in the sky, I sat out on my patio facing the north and sketched what I saw.  All I had was my Lamy Safari pen with me so the sketch was black and white.  And perhaps it needed to be as I slipped into a somber mood.

I just wanted to record that moment to look back at later...some of my worries...thinking of my family...thinking of the nightly news saying that even more folks are ill and the economics of the our country is teetering and the very disturbing news that people are arming themselves...gun sales have skyrocketed.  



And yet this morning the birds sing and in the morning sun and when I sit looking out at the pond...the reflections of the sun on the water bounce up on the trees and for awhile (around 8:30) the pine tree trunks are alive with beautiful reflected moving shadows.  The new green of the live oaks gleam in the sunshine.  The world seems to hold it's breath in beauty.  Things are back in technicolor again.  I breathe easy again.  And the Fireworks Plant again glows bright. 



A friend sent a link to just a tiny bit of joyful abandon to help the mood lift when it needs too.  I thought I share it here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment