Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Spring Things in Central Florida

A lovely day in Mount Dora yesterday with 7 other artist gals from our Central Florida Plein Air group.  Lunch following at Goblin Market.  Weather was so delightful in low 80s with a slight breeze.  Really perfect for being outside!!  

Lots of people milling about and chatting and window shopping and getting lunch and just plain enjoying themselves.  Quite a few stopped to visit with me and ask me questions about sketching.  




The Tabebuia are blooming.  Often called "Yellow Trumpet Trees" but that gets them confused with other "trumpet-like" shrubs and trees.  Still they do look like lovely bright yellow trumpets shouting the arrival of Florida spring.  I hear they come in purples too but I don't think I've seen that.  They have a bright green seed that looks like a vanilla bean especially when it dries hard and brown!  And the flowers generally arrive before the leaves in spring making for an odd display but attractive.  


This sign appeared outside our restaurant yesterday purported to be my Mother Theresa.  Whether not this is true, we all agreed that the sign was a nice reminder of how we should react to all the negative things in the this world.  

Just a photo that I found in my photo box the other day...taken about 4 years ago at Lake Griffin State Park about 7 miles from where I live.  Greg and my daughter Julie standing at the base of this live oak tree purported to be one of THE largest trees in Lake County.
Quite amazing.  I couldn't get the whole tree in a photo!  


No comments:

Post a Comment