Thursday, April 16, 2020

Pandemic Days


So here we are together...many of us pretty much quarantined at home trying to make some sense out of what is happening in our world, in our lives, in our families, in the universe.  

Or you may be one of those folks are are still out there in the working world trying to navigate safely and still provide services and needed products.  

In either case, the news out there is not good.
I read an article in the New York Times this morning called "What Day is It?"  And this is not really humorous...it is a real issue...we are all almost dizzy with the huge changes that have come almost overnight.  And it causes all kinds of unhappy mysterious moods.

All our structures, routines, and ordinary ways of being have been so disrupted and in such huge ways.  In such obvious ways there is no point in even mentioning them.  You know what I mean. It's just important to me to know that I am not alone. That what I am feeling is fairly common. 

My sewing machine hasn't seen the light of day in years.  But there it is on the table now...with the goal of sewing some masks to help  get us through the days ahead.  Right next to my jigsaw puzzle and across from my art studio near the stack of books.  I appear to be "nesting" in some familiar ways.  

Pandemic Days.  Two words I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I'd be writing on my blog.  





No comments:

Post a Comment