Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Serious Look at Joy

I know, I know. It's not even officially autumn yet. But if you want to get your Christmas card into the printer and have it proofed and ready to pack for your southern trip to FLorida...you have to plan ahead! It's the same every fall. I try to be the first at the printers with my card...but I never am.

This is a very different kind of card for me. But I am in both a serious and whimsical mood at printing time. For me, "joy" is a word not to be taken lightly as it goes way beyond "happy" to touch the hand of God. So my wish goes way beyond wishing people a "ho ho ho" for the holiday. I wish for you the presence of the Holy Spirit in the depths of your heart and so much so that you spread the gift of it to others.

And yet, with an artist's whimsy I send the wish with a wide grin. I want you to smile outside and in.

This painting is 11" x 15" on Kilimanjaro watercolor paper primed with white gesso. It is painted with acrylic and gouache. I have given it several light coats of archival matt finish acrylic spray.


No comments:

Post a Comment