Saturday, September 18, 2010

Setting up for a Still Life Painting

One of the things we did in my class last Wednesday was to talk about "themes" or painting in a "series" and how powerful that can be.

One theme I enjoy is cooking. Although I do not do a lot of baking or gourmet cooking which I am sure some of you do...I still find the ingredients to be wonderful and beautiful and there is surely an element to food that applies and touches us all.

I was thinking of that today while I made my apple cake. I shall have to post this again when it turns into a painting!
Recipe for Ginny's Fresh Apple Cake

3 eggs
1-3/4 cups sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
5-6 apples peeled and cut thick
1 cup halved walnuts

Do not use a mixer for this cake. Blend eggs, sugar, oil. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Add apples and nuts. Baked in greased 9 x 13 pan at 350 for l hour.

I top this with a dollop of cool whip or whipped cream. Good warm with vanilla ice cream.

Smells like fall when baking!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to this painting! (And the cake sounds yummy, too!)

    ReplyDelete