Thursday, June 21, 2012

En Plein Air today


The group was blessed with partially clear skies with skudding clouds. So off we went to Lake of the Falls near Mercer.

This little sketch is "Tent in Woods by the Lake". 10 x 12 on Arches rough 140#.

We had over 3" of rain the night before so the 10" falls were AMAZING and beautiful. But I decided on calmer waters to paint..dragging a razor blade through my dry painted water to get some ripples of the current.


I was so taken with the rushing falls that I walked quite a bit before settling down by the lake to paint the tenters across the lake. I am loving my "Brenda's bag" but did find I forgot a "liner" brush. Otherwise things were pretty good in the bag!

It warmed nicely and I threw off my sweater and put up the umbrella. Wouldn't go anywhere without that!!



Florie has been busy with our "image" as painters! Now we have signs announcing who we are!! And hats that are coming soon with our "Northwoods Outdoor Artist" imprinted on them! How fancy are we!!!?

Thank you Florie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment