Sunday, August 28, 2016

Gelli Plate Greeting Cards AND a Journal entry just for me!

These are all Gelli plate printed cards…done on paper and then cut and glued to the front of the card with YES glue.  I have a favorite stencil at the time as you can see.  I printed several layers of color and texture and laid a stencil over the dry paint and used a foam roller and black paint to allow only the texture to show through.  I like the effect.


This is a journal entry (without a prompt for a change).  I like this quote and decided that I also like the background for this page and they would go nicely together.  It started with purple brayer rub off and then some print making and stencils.  When dry I added the printing and then added a few subtle Zentangles with ink and colored pencil.  The idea of having a "prompt group" is to get yourself to the point where you don't need many prompts.  

I like collecting inspirational quotes.  They are often my prompt.
If you have a few quotes you'd like to share just put them in the comments…I might create a page for yours too!  

I am in the middle of a watercolor now.  I've been promising it for some time but this afternoon is lovely…after church and brunch out with friends I threw open the studio window and pulled out the drawing (already on wc paper) and gave it start.  It's sort of experimental so am not sure about it.  The first glaze is drying and the paper was very wet so it'll be a bit before I'm ready for the next glaze.  Stay tuned.

We are supposed to get a big storm here tonight but right now it's cleared off and is lovely.  Maybe it went north?  

No comments:

Post a Comment