Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A Few Sketches on the Fly


A few sketches "on the fly" this past week during a pretty busy week filled with art shows, fashion shoes, brunches, etc.  The Fashion Show at church was lots of fun.  Everything was from our Thrift Shop!  This in my Stillman & Birns sketchbook.  



I almost always do a tiny sketch while listening to the Sunday sermon at the Presbyterian Church.  This is my little Moleskin accordion folding sketchbook 



We had a "Mystery Dinner" at church last month.  People dressed up for their parts!  Funny!!!



My "littles" have started a new page...this time called "Whatever".  I'm putting the summer books I read in one box...at least a few of them.  Currently reading Michelle Obama's biography called Becoming.

I made an effort to capture the sunset after a storm here last Friday night.  The entire lake was orange/gold.  Never seen anything quite like it before.  Wild.  

Pretty busy getting ready for a long siege of company ahead now.  Also finished up the Manito Art show and ready to hang in the Lakeland Art League Show starting July 31.  

Also below am working on a Family Cookbook that will be a wedding shower gift for my granddaughter, Melissa.  The show is August 10 but I have a ton of company before that date so I need to get things going.  Most of the recipes will come on the day of the shower so I'll have to take the book back and finish it and then bring it back when we come down for the wedding in October. 



No comments:

Post a Comment