Saturday, July 27, 2019

Mid summer sketching


Stoney Creek Garden Center is south of Minocqua, WI and is one of the most diverse and eclectic one I've come across.  I could paint here all day.  I had a few hours on Thursday morning, however, and just settled beside an old potting shed.  I liked the worn exterior and the huge jungle of vines that has engulfed it!  The rain barrel and the big old jug/vase were nice elements too.  

We got some lovely warm sunshine that morning for a change!



Out front is a koi pond with a lot of fish and I had about 20 minutes left before I had to head off to fix lunch for my company.  So I just did a small sketch there in the shade near Millie.  



I've been waiting for the price on the Hahnemühle Watercolor Sketchbooks to come down.  So when they did I ordered one from Amazon.  I thought the packaging was amazing.  Made in Germany, it was sent out from Nottinghamshire, UK and then the instructions said, "if not deliverable, mail to Sweden".  A very international purchase!!!  So I glued the interesting bits into the front of the sketchbook.  



No comments:

Post a Comment