Monday, June 22, 2009

Batik part Three using Unryu paper

This photograph was taken by my friend, Mary Warren on her recent trip to Boston.  She has given me permission to show it here.  

It has served to inspire me to try out a new batik procedure.  If you want to see more of the steps you can scroll down.  This project is not finished...I still have about 3 steps left to go. I have all the tweaking left in adding some darks and deciding on some of the elements that might be highlighted.  The final coat of varnish and glazing will be added in a week or two after everything is totally dry.  
The canvas I used is 8 x 10 so it's not a very big piece but I am still doing this experimentally and need to keep the work in progress small so I don't get overwhelmed.  There are a lot of steps and a lot of things to learn!!  This is only my second piece~~~



Tune in again soon and I will try to update you on how this project is progressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment