Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Off the Wall Art


I was reading Marjorie Caggiano's blog this morning and discovered that I am not the only one that takes my painting to unusual places.  At our north woods cabin in WI my husband put in a small fireplace (much used this spring as we froze) and while we waited for the time to put in some real stones, I got tired of the blank wall, and took acrylics and painted faux stones.  It would have been "prettier" if I had taken this photo with a blazing fire but now it's 91 here!  So you'll understand.  This is not the Sistine Chapel but hey...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ginny! It is so fun to read and see what you have been up in the WOODS! It has been a hectic summer for me so far. Painting in the studio now after the FL workshop. So much to paint and so little time!!
    Love ya-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Durinda...glad you are back from teaching art in Alabama. I have been dreaming art again. That means I need to get out in the studio promptly! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete