Saturday, April 10, 2010

Winter Garden, Florida Paint Out


Well, it finally happened!!! The long-awaited Winter Garden Plant and Garden show!!! I was there by 8:30 a.m. and got myself set up and got going right away. I painted until 3:30 with 3 breaks.

But you have to remember I was interrupted a LOT by children and visitors who wanted to know what I was doing, how, and to compare notes with their own art work in other media. Fantastic day...fairly low humidity, slight breeze, sunny and about 80 degrees.

Ann Blasic was the GREATEST organizer and so nice to work with.
She gifted me with a T-shirt and bag with the event logo. HOW NICE!!!

I briefly met the president of South Lake Art League (Clermont, Fl), Kathie Camara.

At 3:30 I had to rush off to attend a thank you party for tutoring volunteers for Leesburg Schools...I wish I could have seen more of the art the others were producing!

I didn't have any sales which was a little disappointing but mostly it was just plain fun and good to be en plein air again after quite a long time!!!

They had a GREAT crowd and will be open again tomorrow.

Both of these were done in watercolor in canvas 11 x 18.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have quite the plein aire set up! Seems to be a good crowd and gorgeous day - glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really tired at the end of the day, however. I am not sure that I can stand while painting much longer...my feet and knees get very tired. So by lunchtime...I lowered the easel and brought out my folding stool. Much better. I am off to Ann Abgott's watercolor class now Monday and Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete