Friday, May 28, 2010

Stormy Skies

A final sketch I did on St. George was at the state park on the east end of the island. Again 100 degrees.

Dunes as far as the eye can see. There's a terrific RV park there with lots of beautiful trees. But the rest of the state park looks like this sketch. Wonderful beaches with miles of white sand. The far distance is actually Florida skyline. Then the bay, then the dunes. I am facing north in this sketch.

Laughing gulls and wind are the only sounds here. I took the photo of the sketch outside in natural light and forgot to crop off the bottom so you can see part of my shoes. Sorry about that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your travels back north and your paintings along the way :) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy your journal posts! (Nice shoes!)

    ReplyDelete