Saturday, May 1, 2010

Please vote for one!

Turns out, paintings done at the Winter Garden "Watch Art Happen" plein air event on April 10/11 are now going to be displayed in the Winter Garden City Hall for the summer. June 10-August 31.

There will be a reception on Friday June 11 from 5:30-7 pm. And they plan to do some advance promotion and print up posters. They have asked for one of MY images for the poster!!! How cool is that?

So before May 4 I have to choose which of the following images would be the best for the poster. I have put them in order of strength, I think. The top image being my first choice at this time. That one also actually has the words "Winter Garden" in among the signs as well. But I just thought I'd toss
out the 3 images and see what you think? You can leave a comment below in the comment section or email me at ginny.stiles@gmail.com

ALSO I have to pick only two of the 3 images to submit for the exhibit.
So actually I'd like to find out which one you all think I should hold back.

I have a little longer to decide that as Ann is not coming for the paintings until after May 12. All 3 are 11 x 14 watercolor on canvas board.

I am sad that I will not be here for the reception as we are heading back north to WI for the summer on May 16. But it was a total fun day in Winter Garden as you can see and every time I look out the window here at Mango House in Leesburg, I see my two orange trees (a Valencia and a Honeybell Tangelo) that my hubby bought there that day!!

It'll be 93 here in Leesburg today with a humidity index making it feel close to 100 degrees! HOW did people live here before AC?




10 comments:

  1. You definitely should submit the first one, since it has so many tie-ins, and the second has a great composition to me, so I'd say 1 and 2 and leave out number 3. What fun! Congratulations! Have a safe trip back to the north :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one for the poster, and would choose the first and third for hanging. No. 2 is a great painting, but doesn't convey to me what the event was about (if that matters at all).
    Sherese Mesko

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they are going to add words - #2 might make a better poster, giving room for words in the open areas of the painting??? Otherwise, I like #1 and #2 best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this is going. Obviously we are all in agreement that #1 is the strongest of the 3. Deb's comment about words on the poster never even entered my mind! Good thought. Hmmm. The plot thickens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the second painting a lot! It has great composition and color. #1 and #2 for the show. What fun to get to be a part of both events.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Ginny, these are gorgeous! I agree #1 will be great for the poster, but after that I like #3 - those two convey to me sunshine, light, gardens and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like #1 the best because it best illustrates the purpose of the poster, but I like the cruciform composition of #2 really well, also. All three paintings are bright, sunny, cheerful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would choose No.1 for the poster and No. 1 and No.3 for the show. No.2 is good, too, but it seems to me to represent a little different style...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, so far one and 3 seem to have the most votes. Interestingly I am making some "tiny" changes to #2 based on some of the comments...especially Sherese who mentioned conveying the "energy" of the event. I am dropping a few small figures into #2. This is not fair to change things in the middle of the vote. I don't think this will really change anyone's mind, however. I'll post it again tomorrow so you can see the difference.

    ReplyDelete