Thursday, May 13, 2010

Traveling Time Again....

It's 90 every day in central Florida right now. DON'T forget a hat!

I took the photo reference for this watercolor in Key West a few years ago. The hats were stacked on a hat rack outside a funky store (isn't everything funky there?). They just said Key West. It's larger than I normally paint...a half sheet.

I wanted to leave something bright and fun on the blog now as I will probably not be posting for a few weeks. We leave Fl Sunday morning and head north slowly...stopping at St George Island to sketch on the beach for a day. Then up the Natchez Trace in AL and MS and up toward Nashville. Paducah, KY and then Wisconsin. Visiting family for a week in southern WI and then hitting the north woods cabin for Memorial Day weekend. So it may be June 1 before I am back to blogging. I will miss everyone. Please don't desert me. I'll be reading YOUR blogs along the way. See ya soon.

3 comments:

  1. Love the hats!!!
    Have a safe and enjoyable trip to the north woods! Your itinerary sounds wonderful!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe and fun filled trip! I'll be looking forward to your journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your journey north; seems way too soon to be leaving your new residence with so many things still to take care of there. Hope that you have nibbles and a sale on the old one. Safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete