Sunday, July 4, 2010

Collaborative Art


A few weeks back (in June) I was part of Karen Kappell's collaborative art project at the Manito Art League meeting. We used pastel and had a theme (trees). Anyone really interested can go back to the June posts and find it there.

Anyway when my daughter came to visit me this week she brought this book from the library. You all have probably SEEN this book! But it was new for me. The pictures are so lovely and the writing is wonderful and you read it and want to start making something RIGHT away! I am sure Nancy Standlee (TX) has this book as she teaches classes in "altered journals". (see her link off to the right.)

There is a section on ATCs which particularly interested me. But there is EVERYTHING from puppets to working with children collaboratively to folding book instructions..well you name it. I do think I am going to order this book to have. It's great. I have one other similar book as well.
Very fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment