Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Watercolor of the Community Church

I did get to move along a little on this. Half the grandsons went sailing and half were immersed in World Cup Soccer.

Putting it into black and white version was sure a help. I did it partly because it is going to be reprinted in black and white and I needed to see how that would look. The other is that it sure gives you a quick and dirty look at the values!

I certainly want to rewash the lawn...darkening it at the right lower edge and grading it lighter at the driveway to give it a little curve down the hill and make the contrast a little better against the driveway. And I think I'll try to make the sign out front show up a little more with contrast by putting more dark behind that area. I think.

I did scrub out the light clouds which are not very visible in black and white but I've decided that is okay. I used a "fabric dye" brush by Loew Cornell which is what Ann Abgott recommended last April in her watercolor class. She likes them better than Fitch scrubbers...more gentle on the paper. I agree.

Community Presbyterian Church of Lac du Flambeau, WI. 9 x 12 140 lb. Arches cold press.

No comments:

Post a Comment