Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moving Ahead One Step More

The red previously at the bottom of this paper painting had to go. Nope. I didn't like it.

I think I am at a spot now where I can stop for awhile. I would like to put the handle on the bucket too. Will be a challenge to do.

I have done 3 of the sunflowers but all rest need paper painting yet. That will be fun to do at the demo on July 16. I also have that "sock monkey" to work on. So plenty to accomplish in the 10:30-1 pm slot!!! There are folks doing demo's all day Thurs, Friday, Sat (15,16,17) at the Manitowish Water's Art show on Highway 51. The show is open Sunday too but I don't remember if there is a demo that day. (see hours off to the right under "events".)

Stop by if you are in the area.

I have a few sketches to do of our church here in the north woods...a gift to them for the cover of the new membership directory.

The grandsons arrive tomorrow evening to say for 8 days. So there won't be a lot of art work accomplished during that time. I hope to do some sketching which I haven't done for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. This looks much better (rather than the red!) Good job. Have fun with the grandchildren!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOhhhh I love it! Forget the handle! Who will miss it? Great job. Hugs, Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys...yeah...the red was just not the right color combination for this painting..although it looked nice in the original photo. I'm happier now. It'll be fun to finish this up at the demo. The grandkids are here and it's wild and wooly times now! We were out on the lake or at the lake shore ALL day. Greg took them tubing and Julie and had GREAT long conversations on the deck! I even got up to finish up the watercolor of the church building! Now at 9 pm...after tons of tacos they all went back to swim again!

    ReplyDelete