Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coffee Filters Anyone?

I am going to "mentor" a workshop on paper painting (ala Elizabeth Nelson style) on September 15. This is somewhat presumptuous being a complete newbie myself...but it's fun and you learn a lot when you try out stuff and then teach it to others!

I thought I'd shamelessly plagiarize Elizabeth's famous cow painting as subject matter that is not too difficult to draw.

I want to make the paper we paint on for the project as economical as possible for a short workshop I am trying out the possibility of using coffee filters as the painted paper. They seem to take the acrylic paint very much like the more expensive rice papers...not quite as nice a texture and of course being so small a little fussier to work with. I laid them down in an enameled pan (or an acrylic sheet) and painted at least 4 at time and then put them out on the clothes line.

So now I have the paper ready and I need to move on. More later.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see how this workshop turns out - the concept is fascinating!

    ReplyDelete