Thursday, January 20, 2011

Janet Roger's workshop Day Two


Well, one thing a workshop with a professional tell you is how much you need to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!. Wow.

I think portraits and figures are THE most challenging things to paint in any medium...but especially in watercolor.

These two portraits are my work for today and obviously need a lot of work...getting the colors, the expressions, the eyes, and etc. So much to learn.

We asked Janet for a lesson in "features" today and I have put her demo last on the blog today.





3 comments:

  1. You are doing a good job - I took a w/s from Janet several years ago, she's a nice lady and good teacher. Now if I had just done the "practice,practice,practice" I might be able to do portraits but, no, of course I didn't. Thanks for these posts, they are bringing back some memories and maybe new thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ginny,
    Oh! Your handling of watercolor is wonderful! I particularly like the lost and found edges in the top piece. Great drawing and composition too. Thanks for sharing a bit of Janet's work. I can see the value of "practice, practice, practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love the light on the face in the middle; and vignette is beautiful; all so sensitively rendered!

    ReplyDelete